Hey Con-Ed Class of 2017! Hope you’ve been checking your mailboxes a lot lately – the official Frosh Week Handbook has been sent out! (Some of you may even have already received yours by now!) If you’re still waiting on your copy, and you just need to see it NOW, head on over to our Frosh Week Handbook tab for a link to a digital version of it!
Since the Handbooks are officially on their way, registration information will soon be on your doorsteps! Not to worry if you do not receive them right away – the final deadline for registration is the first day of faculty orientation, September 4th (though if you can register ahead of time, we would appreciate it!)
We would hate to deprive you of the feeling of excitement that you will receive as you crack the cover and reveal all of the fascinating insights contained within the Handbook (let’s be realistic, it’s basically the Con-Ed 100 textbook, a.k.a., the most exciting piece of literature you’ll ever own) so we are going to hold off on posting the outline of orientation week activities and registration information. However, we know that some of you may be travelling/at camp/pursuing other fantastic adventures and may not have access to the Handbook as soon as it arrives at your primary residence, hence the need for the digital version on here. Otherwise, please forgive us for wanting to maintain some “mstery,” it’s just in our nature
We cannot wait to meet all of you!
Much Con-Ed Love,
Mike Young (Head Teach) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Roberts (Logistics Teach) – email@example.com
Taylor Katzel (Academics Teach) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Maguire (Social Teach) – email@example.com
Steph Zuccaro (Financial Teach) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey Queen’s Con-Ed Class of 2017! If you want to get to know your Teaches and Teach Exec a little bit better, head on over to our Exec and Teaches tabs to check out all these wonderfully tall, smart, and good-looking people. September’s coming fast; we’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Welcome to the Concurrent Education Orientation Week website!
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You are about to enter one of the best faculties around – or at least, in our oh-so-humble opinions! We pride ourselves on our Queen’s spirit and sense of community, and we cannot wait to welcome you in person!
A Few Quick Facts about Orientation
- Our faculty orientation week will run from Sept. 4-7th. There will be a variety of activities offered every day. While we encourage you to come out to all of the events, they are all completely optional.
- Your week will be guided by a set of Orientation Leaders known as Teaches. These are upper-year students dedicated to leading orientation week activities, answering your questions, and acting as general supports through Orientation Week and beyond. They are a truly wonderful bunch, who cannot wait to meet you!
- Our week is organized by a group called Teach Exec. There are five members of this committee, who oversee the planning of the week, as well as the Teaches and ensure the week runs as smoothly as possible. This year our “nick-name” of sorts is MSTERY.
- This site will be a resource for you throughout the summer, and the amount of information will continue to grow. Stay posted for more information, such as fun facts, Teach and Exec Bios, and, most importantly, Registration Information!
- A handbook will also be mailed out later in the summer that will provide you with a detailed overview of the week, as well as more information about what it means to be involved in the Concurrent Education community at Queen’s.
- There is also a Con-Ed ’17 group on Facebook, where you can begin to get to know other students in your year. Your Teaches, members of the Concurrent Education Student Association (CESA), and other awesome upper year students are also members of the group, available to help answer any questions you may have!
- There is a fee for Orientation Week, which varies from faculty to faculty. We will be releasing our fee soon. Please note that if there are any financial concerns regarding the Orientation Week Fee, bursaries will be available. Information on the bursary process will be made available with the release of the fee amount.
NOTE: If you wish to participate in Con-Ed Orientation week rather than Arts and Sciences Orientation week, do not pay the Arts and Sciences Week fee. Our week has a separate fee as we have the opportunity to participate in a number of different events from the general Arts/Science students.
There is MUCH more fascinating information to come. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
Much Con-Ed Love,
We can be contacted collectively at email@example.com, or individually at:
Mike Young, Head Teach at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steph Zuccaro, Financial Teach at email@example.com
Taylor Katzel, Academics Teach at firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Maguire, Social Teach at email@example.com
Victoria Roberts, Logistics Teach at firstname.lastname@example.org